Expats Mortgages for investing in Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
K citizens living and working abroad who want to take advantage of investing in the UK property market to provide a tangible asset. Historically, UK property has provided good growth and in recent years property has proved to be a favoured investment for expats.
UK citizens living and working abroad who want to take advantage of investing in the UK property market to provide a tangible asset. Historically, UK property has provided good growth and in recent years property has proved to be a favoured investment for expats.
- British Expatriate
- Investing in UK property market
- For income and capital growth
- To establish a strong foothold in UK property
To be eligible for the best lending terms, applicants should be in good employment, or self-employment/limited company, with a good level of provable income. Ideally, applicants should own existing property in the UK and have some experience of letting property in the UK. A ‘non-status’ mortgage is available for those applicants whose circumstances fall outside of this criteria. A UK bank account will be required.
- UK Passport Holder or UK Driving License as proof of ID
- Evidence of deposit funds ( Bank account statement )
- Clean credit history
- Applicants can be Employed, Self Employed, Retired
- UK Bank account holder
- Current BTL or HMO letting experience
Types of property
Single residential Buy-to-Let (BTL) properties, or Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO) are both acceptable. Commercial properties can also be considered with the appropriate level of applicant experience.
- Single Residential Buy To Let Houses
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Tenants can be students, or working professionals
- HMO's arranged as flats in one title ( max 4 flats) freehold or leasehold
- Single AST and Multiple AST tenancy agreements accepted
- Property in England, Scotland and Wales
- Properties with or without a HMO Licence
- Accommodation above commercial premises considered
- En-suite facilities in rooms are accepted
- Cooking facilities in rooms accepted
- Shared kitchen and bathroom facilities accepted
- HMO's with up to 20 letting units accepted
- Mixed unit accommodation of flats, studios, bedsits not exceeding 20 units within title
- Commercial and Semi-Commercial properties considered
General Lending Guidelines for Professional Landlords
Mortgages are available for purchase, or remortgage. Applicants can borrow up to 75% of purchase price, or property value, and this can be on an interest only basis, or a capital and interest repayment basis. Full proof of an applicant’s employment and income will be required, together with evidence of deposit funds. Evidence of existing UK property will also be required. No proof of income is required for the ‘non-status’ mortgage option (see HMO-10).
- Mortgage Terms up to 30 Years
- Purchases or Remortgage
- Interest only Or Capital + Interest Repayment
- Full proof of applicants income required
- Evidence of deposit funds required
- Evidence of existing UK property
Click on a product above to view details
Residential Multi-let Investment
Contact us on 0117 223250 to discuss your requirements with a Buy To Let mortgage specialist
Mortgage Application Assistance
We can even complete the mortgage application on your behalf. The mortgage adviser can help you complete the application over the phone or email.
Products for property investors buying property to refurbish