Buy-to-let Light Refurbishment Mortgage (for single AST property)
All private rented Buy to let accommodation needs to be in a safe and of a reasonable condition for letting and in the interests of the occupiers of the dwelling, should be free of hazards and conditions that might put occupants health at risk.
h basic standards to ensure the occupants health and safety are not compromised by the condition of the accommodation. All private rental housing should be Safe and fit to live in following the general standards for private rented accommodation below
- Free from serious hazards – such as fire risks, electrical and gas safety concerns
- In a good state or repair: free from falling plaster, broken glass, and dangerous stairs.
- Property is warm and weatherproof: free from leaks and has adequate insulation
- Reasonably modern facilities: Bathroom and Kitchen – able to be maintained hygienically
- Ensure the condition of the property, its fixtures, amenities and supplied furniture are in good working order and safe to use.
- Adequate space and facilities for the number of occupants sharing the house
- Should not present any problems in securing the property from intruders
- Free from hazards that could put the occupant’s health at risk: Mould & Damp, Insect or vermin Infestations.
- Drains & sewage systems maintained to provide safe and hygienic drainage