Mortgages for Applicants who are Professional Landlords
andlords with any size of property portfolio welcomed. No limit on the number of properties owned and no limit on the aggregate portfolio mortgage debt. Any type and any size of property considered.
For professional landlords wishing to add to their existing property portfolio, or wanting to remortgage to raise capital.
- Employed or self-employed
- Applicants need not be homeowner/occupiers
- Expats welcomed
Applicants should have at least 3 years letting experience and should be owner occupiers. In some cases, professional landlords who are not owner occupiers can be accepted. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a minimum personal income of at least £25,000 per annum. A clean credit history is required.
- UK citizens with passport or UK driving license as ID
- Evidence of deposit funds (bank statement)
- Residential address history for 3 years
- Minimum personal income of at least £25,000 per annum is ideal
- Clean credit history
- Applicants can be employed, self employed or retired
Types of property
Properties with up to 20x letting rooms are acceptable. Properties arranged in up to 20x flats, studios and or bedsits in one freehold or leasehold title, are also acceptable. Properties above some commercial premises may be acceptable.
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Tenants can be students, or working professionals
- HMOs arranged as flats in one title
- Single AST and multiple AST tenancy agreements accepted
- Property in England, Scotland and Wales
- Properties with or without a HMO licence
- Flats and maisonettes above commercial premises accepted
- En-suite facilities in rooms are accepted
- Cooking facilities in rooms accepted (studio apartments)
- Shared kitchen and bathroom facilities accepted
- HMOs with up to 20 letting units accepted
- Mixed unit accommodation of flats, studios, bedsits not exceeding 20 units within title
General Lending Criteria for Professional Landlord HMO Mortgages
Mortgages are available for purchase, or remortgage up to 75% of purchase price, or property value. Where there are no more than 8x letting rooms, or 4x flats in the property* then up to 85% LTV can be achieved.
HMO-1, HMO-3, HMO-8 (lending up to 75% LTV)
HMO-2 (lending up to 75% LTV. Does not lend in Scotland)
HMO-4-75*(minimum loan size is £100,000. Does not lend in Scotland)
HMO-4-80*(minimum loan size is £100,000. Does not lend in Scotland)
HMO-6-85*(minimum loan size is £100,000. Does not lend in Scotland)
HMO-7 (can accommodate low loans sizes). Lends in Scotland. No ERC
- Mortgage terms up to 35 Years
- Purchases or remortgage
- Interest only or capital + interest repayment mortgage
- Proof of applicants income is required
- Evidence of deposit funds required
- Properties with up to 20 letting units accepted
Additional Detailsmax lending 75% LTVmax lending 75% LTV.max lending 75% LTVmax lending 75% LTVmax lending 80% LTVmax lending 85% LTVLends in Scotland. No ERCmax lending 75% LTV
Click on a product above to view details
Residential Multi-let Investment
Contact us on 0117 223250 to discuss your requirements with a Buy To Let mortgage specialist
Mortgage Application Assistance
We can even complete the mortgage application on your behalf. The mortgage adviser can help you complete the application over the phone or email.
Products for property investors buying property to refurbish