Mortgages For Houses of Multiple Occupation in Scotland
e have HMO mortgages available for any size of HMO property in Scotland. Despite many lenders not lending outside of England & Wales, we welcome applicants for HMO mortgages in Scotland. Our mortgages cover all sizes of HMO property, large or small. We can arrange HMO mortgages at the most attractive terms for HMO and Multi-Let property in Scotland.
Our mortgages provide good terms and flexible lending criteria, coupled with interest only options. They can accommodate a wide range of applicant types and various property types. Lending is available up to 75% LTV
For applicants wishing to buy or remortgage HMO properties situated in Scotland.
- Employed, self-employed, or retired
- Retired with good pension income
- BTL letting experience required for mortgages over 70% LTV
- Some minor adverse credit history can be considered
Applicants must be homeowners and be existing landlords although there is one lender who does not specify this. Professional landlords with any size of portfolio welcomed. Applicants must be employed, or self employed with a minimum personal annual income in the region of £20,000 per annum, or retired with a good pension income. A clean credit history is required, although minor and historic credit problems can be accepted.
- UK citizens with passport or UK driving licence as ID
- Evidence of deposit funds (bank statement)
- Residential address history for 3 years
- Acceptable explanation for any previous and historic adverse credit
- Professional landlords welcome
Types of property
Properties with any number of letting rooms are acceptable, with or without an HMO licence. Properties arranged as flats, studios and bedsits in one freehold or leasehold title, are also acceptable. Properties above commercial premises are acceptable
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Properties with any number of letting rooms considered
- Property with or without HMO Licence
- Flats, studios and bedsits in one freehold or leasehold title considered
- Flats above commercial premises accepted
General Lending Criteria for HMOs in Scotland
Mortgages are available for purchase, or remortgage and up to 75% of purchase price, or property value can be borrowed. Both single AST tenancy agreements and multiple AST tenancy agreements are acceptable. Interest only is available, as well as capital and interest repayment, or a combination of both.
HMO-1 & HMO-3 (maximum 75% LTV)
HMO-5 (maximum 65% LTV)
HMO-7 (maximum 70% LTV)
HMO-9 – (maximum 70% LTV)will allow up to 5x letting rooms. In order for the lender to use the rents from all tenants to calculate the maximum mortgage, the property must have an HMO licence. If the property does not have an HMO licence, or does not require one, then the lender will use a notional rent for a single/family tenancy, but still allow up to 5x tenants to rent the property. Only 1x kitchen is permitted. Applicants must be an owner/occupier. Minimum personal income of £20,000 pa.
- Mortgage terms up to 30 years
- Purchases or remortgage
- Interest only or capital + interest repayment
- Full proof of applicants income required
- Evidence of deposit funds required
- Existing UK investment property is required for mortgages over 70% LTV
Additional Detailsmaximum 75% LTVmaximum 75% LTVmaximum 65% LTVmaximum 70% LTVmaximum 70% LTV up to 5 letting rooms
Click on a product above to view details
Residential Multi-let Investment
Contact us on 0117 223250 to discuss your requirements with a Buy To Let mortgage specialist
Mortgage Application Assistance
We can even complete the mortgage application on your behalf. The mortgage adviser can help you complete the application over the phone or email.
Products for property investors buying property to refurbish